Sunday, August 21, 2005

Trip end...

Well, so much for blogging and taking heaps of photos… I never found myself sitting with my ibook and the motivation to type…

I’m sitting here @ the moment in the back of Hui’s car, as we cover the final leg of the return journey.

“How was it? How was the trip?” you might ask… and at this point in time, I have no conclusive answer :S

The good parts? Picking up snowboarding relatively quickly, being able to drive for all the fun, twisty bits. Meeting the awesomely nice strangers up there… every chair lift ride was a new story, talking to people from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane all the way to Koreans :P

For whatever time I figure out I had, I have to admit that it was at least good for what it was – I at least feel like I didn’t waste that time. On the same note though, I’m kinda glad to be coming back too. There’s just so much of life that I want to get back into :P

Don’t get me wrong… I think given the right combination of factors (i.e. if I had more time to spare), I would definitely have no qualms about staying longer – esp to investigate some of the pubs up there!! But at this point in time… there’s just so much I want to figure out first :P

So this is me, back in Melbourne (just passing through Nunawading now) and signing back on :D

3 comments:

Freakatronic said...

Does this work yet???!?!

Freakatronic said...

Ahaha, it does! So here is Mikey saying that your trip sounds really melancholic! Why? You know what gets me down about most trips? Coming back. It always gets me down to return and find that life is EXACTLY THE SAME. And it will continue just as it did before the trip, as though I never left and my holiday never happened. Of course, coming home is never without its benefits..it's just that it's all sooo normal...

nate said...

But it's matter of perspective I reckon :D There is nothing that says our 'normal' lives have to be anything but!!

Mikey! Recon missions in unfamiliar territory, poker nights that continue to the wee hours of the morning, coffee-coupon to the max @ Gloria Jeans...

The way I see it, when I'm with my friends and good buds, the 'boring' option of life is just not there any more :D