Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Four score and seven years ago... I once posted a blog :P

Finally get a brief respite with which to update my online musings!! Have been off my feet and inundated with things to do since last Friday, which speaks less about my social life and more of my lack of ability to say 'no' :P

Where to start...

Friday Night
went to cell, played guitar (BADLY) for est and we learnt about the love language, "quality time" - now this is one I've struggled with in the past, and was good to get a bit more info about why I suck so badly @ it :P

Ended up @ home and online talking to miss ami-nation (get it, 'animation'??? :D) until 4am...

Saturday
... which leads into me waking up @ 4pm the following day :D Practiced with the band from five until B's fingers were just masses of bloody flesh (or 7:30pm) - weirdly enough, it didn't feel that long... I think as the song comes together, and you can actually see/hear it working, you get more excited, and the process becomes less laborious?

After which me and Birdz crashed K Lee's movie night with a pizza... uncky Bill challenged me to a ping pong duel, in which I got sent flaming to the score of 21-15... was close, but I sorta fell apart at the end :S

I put on Russell Peters (comedian that does the funniest chinese impressions) while we waited for the movie... and we ended up watching the whole thing and only starting the movie @ 11:30pm :S

It was Phantom of the Opera (the recent movie version), and whilst it was well done, I would have fallen asleep if I'd been watching it by myself - we ended up just laughing and cracking jokes all through it, and before I knew it, it was 2:30am :S Again, I slept @ about 4... seriously... there must be something about that hour for me...

Sunday
... but THIS time I woke up in time to play badminton (or 'baddies' as Vee puts it) with the YA's... was fun... got smacked in the face with a soccer ball, but was awesome to get some exercise!! Ate @ Star East and then raced home to change/shower...

Got to church @ 4 for practice... which means (since church ends @ 8), I was there for 4hrs!! :'(

BUT...

The band played!! First public performance!! And we've heard some good things about how we did from people, but the thing that I'm ECSTATIC over is... I didn't forget the words!! :o It was just a blast to be out there with the guys and to have it all coming together...

After which they had pancakes for sale for fundraising for the Indian Mission trip, which were really good! And then a bunch of us went to Gloria Jeans for coffee, and when that closed, the TAB...

And then again home @ 1:30, and online until... yeah... 4am... :S

There's a disturbing symmetry about the way I enter and exit the w/end...

No comments: