Friday, September 23, 2005

how to say...

I've been delaying this post for a day or so, because of so much happening, and I wanted to formulate my thoughts before committing them to the 'net wall... or maybe I was just chicken :P And here goes, in short for now, in no particular order:


1. Shared my story

As a social gypsy, I'd been used to being @ the fringes of things, never having to commit much to be able to be a part - and I hated that. I've sought deeper, real and meaningful relationships with people for the longest time.

But there's a group of friends I think I've found, comprised of the most unlikely people, under the most gayest banner (yes, it's really gay Ange! We may as well just out and call ourselves the Village People! But I digress...), almost a place to call home.

So, last night @ coffee (which I forgot to shout you guys!! Next round! I swear it! When Deb's regaling us about her story! :P) I just laid it all down... no vague references or crypticness, I told my story.

Hahaha, and just like in a relationship, when you put yourself out there, I'm half expecting the group to come back and say "sorry, I'm just not attracted to you" :P

In Ange and Mikey, I have my lame banterers - when the three of us combine, we are the official epitome of lame, and I love it :D Deb has somehow realised that the typical good-friend greeting for nate is to beat his left arm senseless (est-style), and Al is our "good-looking and intelligent" add-on!

But even after all the laughs, I loved being able to open up, finally, with a group of people once again, and share my story - and to hear about Mikey's, and to actually really get to know these people.


2. Things to do before turning 30: Get kicked out of home

Well, that's it :) I'm out! Wednesday night when I got home after violating my curfew, there was a note on the table from my dad to start looking for another place to stay.

And so, I did... packed most of my useful belongings in the car, and thanks to Leanne (I bought a wrx; she was infinitely wiser & bought a house), the next day I moved out of home :)

It's neither as wonderful or terrible as it is, one day I'll post about the dysfunctionality of my family, and I'll post more about my out-of-house experiences as I take it day-by-day.


But for now, there - it's all, for the most, finally out of my head and in words :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

epitome of lame hey? i have no idea what 'epitome' is .... is it pronounced 'ep-pi-tome' or 'ep-pi-toh-me'?? if it's the latter, then I wouldn't know the word bc it's 4 syallables or greater (which is not my forte). But either way, it sounds cool to be apart of this big bundle of lameness... one that isn't gay in anyway of course! Please ignore any past group labels or karaoke dancing by myself or Mikey! We really didn't mean to harm anyone but ourselves in doing so haha. I like rendervous'ing <-- i know it's not a word! Looking forward to Mikey's next week's top pick for "the most beautiful girl ever in [insert town here]", your sarcastic comebacks, deb physically abusing you and al sitting there in silence with a huge grin with his intelligent and good looking manner hahaha GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES!!!

Anonymous said...

did you want me to beat your other arm sensless too? haha. i had fun that night too. what story did i regale you with? i seriously can't remember...i'm looking forward also to mikey's top pick.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

hmm...i skim too much. i just read the comment you left on my blog..and i get it! you want me to tell my story! haha...silly me.
xoxo

sisterr enkst said...

hey hey~!!!

i dont get it!!!....but i'll laugh along anyway. hah hah hah...ho ho ho!!!

...yes....hi nate!!!! and ange n deb...allriteo, i'll be off!!
addiioss ameeegoz

Anonymous said...

Nate, you forgot some other things to do before you turn 30 -

1) Order a cheeseburger with no cheese at McD's (seriously you can)

2) Get kicked out of the house of the person that took you in when you got kicked out in the first place.

3) Give a random cute girl off the streets some flowers.

4) Have her slap you in the face for harassing her.

5) Dress in drag for the drag racing and ask the people around you why aren't they in costume.

OK back to the serious mannered Al, I am really happy to be among so many people who are willing to share their lives with me. You have been very accepting of me and I am very grateful for it.

You are an incredible individual with many talents, you may not either see it or want to admit to them, but they are there. So you have a blip on the road of life. That's great! More stories to regale your grandkids later in life. More smiles in retrospect when you finally get past this patch. More wisdom received to tackle the next blip and equally as importantly, to share that knowledge with others.

God bless you Nate.

Freakatronic said...

That's so rockstar! I don't know. I got nothing to say that I haven't already, so I'll save the space and...HEY! Lucky you! You're the first from (gaygaygayname) Blog Squad to get posted on by Al! A high honour, to be sure. Oh yeah, don't forget that it all gets better from here. It really does.

Dariusk said...

i need to poo

Anonymous said...

OK this is where I announce to the small community of my peers that I have entered into the uncharted waters of blogging. Its a start and would benefit greatly from advise and input(when it gets going that is)

Of the many questions I have about the internet and how to use the computer are -

1) how do you guys get some many pics and moving 'stuff' thingymajig into the blog? I want to have so many flashing items on my blog that it will induce an epileptic fit.

2) how about a music file ? This way while you are reading I could place some subliminal messages in my music like 'Al is normal, not intelligent at all' as well as 'Al is just normal and plain, not good looking'

3) does the cup holder on the computer CPU come in a larger size? you know the one that comes out when you press the open button. I need it to fit a mug and not just those annoying plastic throwaway cups.

Ok for those of you that have gone through your to do list and ticked off the very last item and have a spare minute or two, you can read about how I view the world at http://retroboy.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/

This will be all the advertising that I will attempt. Oh as well as psstt 'Nate is gay' pass it on,.....

Oh Darius, please if you need to poo just do it. Don't have to announce its eminent arrival to the world. It doesn't need the fanfare of a ticketape parade with balloons and marching bands ok? No really it doesn't. Unless you poo gold bricks. But that's another story and one that you could do very well.

Anonymous said...

Dear Al, I absolutely refuse to sign up to friendster! Please blog through spaces.msn.com OR www.blooger.com wherey ou can upload music files for your subliminal messages and put up photos!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Al, I absolutely refuse to sign up to friendster! Please blog through spaces.msn.com OR www.blooger.com wherey ou can upload music files for your subliminale messages and put up photos!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't punch!!! =D **cheesy grin**