Tuesday, September 20, 2005

"Contention: Your best fashion accessory is..."

You're about to head out, and you're deciding what to wear. The details are just as important as the centre pieces nowadays, which therefore highlight accessories as something that could make or break your night. So what is it??? What is that one thing, that will make your picture complete?

Handbag, wrist bands, necklaces, bracelets, man bags, watches... nope, nope, nope.

See, I reckon, the best accessory one can bring to any occasion, is a friend.

Not just an acquaintance, someone you know of, or even say hello to on Sundays, but a real, person who you hunt down to spend time with, because everything becomes fun with them. And they do and feel the exact same, about you.

I have heaps of acquaintances... being a pastor's son, past church leader etc, is good for that, but significantly fewer friends.

There is nothing that will bring out the true you better, than a true friend, and therefore there is nothing that will make you look ever better.

You'd be smiling genuinely, because wherever you are, you'd really, really be enjoying yourself.



I was going to add, maybe also significant other, but after much consideration (about 10secs worth), I decided no - I think more laughs were probably had when before people were significant others... which is a bit odd, huh...

But when I say friend, I DO mean girl AND guy, i.e. for me. I have some awesome friends that are girls, and have an absolute blast with whatever we do!

3 comments:

Freakatronic said...

I agree wholeheartedly! When I go out, all the nice clothes in the world don't mean a thing. It's that layer of skin, flayed from the screaming body of a person dear to me...that makes the whole occasion 'special'...

RAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

that's good!

Dariusk said...

1. this is such a RANDOM post...
nate... honestly what prompted this?? It worries me becuase i'm seeing a deeper side of you than i knew existed... i'm also worried that if i peer too curiously into this deep well of 'metrosexual/homosexual' (honestly who can tell the difference now a days) thoughts, i might fall in and become likewise... oh dear!!

2. mikey.....
no comment... -.-