Monday, May 30, 2005

post P&W thoughts

sunday night was my first time up on stage for a long time, and i went through a huge series of emotions...

i remember rocking up for prayer (late, sorry joyous!!) and then practice - stepping up on that stage, with the spotlights on, brought about an onset of butterflies and nerves. i began to wonder if I could really do this, if i could really sing, or if i was way out of my league

but as practice went along, i got heaps of encouragement by way of d1 & d2 (darren & darius - u decide which one is which :P) - just some back & forth stuff, helped me to relax a little. I progressed from sheer terror to outright panic :P

Joyous helped heaps too, by telling me what she expected in certain parts, and talking to me as if i knew what i was doing :D That combined with Adders heckling me from the drum box, and my legs were shaking a little less :)

and then it started, i was just able to lose myself in the worship - i became less aware of the fact that i was up in front of people, and more in awe of being in such a concert of worship with them

i honestly have no idea how it sounded, but i came out with the two things that i was hoping to achieve - to serve God in that moment, to my utmost best, and to have an absolute blast doing so.

i dunno if this is confirmation or anything of where it is God would have for me to serve him, He DOES work in mysterious ways and in seasons, but i just thank Him for being able to serve Him that night, and in my own little way

2 comments:

sisterr enkst said...

sarrpppzzz nate!!! aws aws! nah mate, sunday was absolute insanely rockn!!!! man i LOVD IT n u did great too!! wahahaha. God is mysterious, all the better huh?

nate said...

awesum, and yah... 'mysterious' makes life all that more exciting :D