Sunday, May 22, 2005

adjusting to single life

i'm discovering that one of the biggest things I'm having to get used to, is strangely enough not having anything to do, or by default, someone to hang out with

i say strangely enuff, cuz in a relationship (for me at least) it always seems to be the other extreme... it's hard to find/give space, and it's hard to find time for anything else

having not endured a period greater than 2-3months of singleness in the last 9 years, it's quite a daunting and foreign aspect for me to acclimate to

i think we all deal with loneliness, and I think that's a significant part of why some anime series succeed, because they are able to illustrate the concept so well

i'm coming to the slow conclusion, that being comfortable with who i am, even when i'm not doing anything, and when i'm by myself, is going to be a big part of maturing as a person...

guess I just gotta take it one day @ a time :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man...don't worry lar...I also single so can call me up to do stuff :D the only problem is that i stay so far at the moment but but but don't worry, I'm moving closer next year (I hope). Yeah, got so much time to yourself huh...well, no harm buying that xbox game you've wanted for ages in EB ;)

nate said...

Hahaha... thanks for the encouragement bro :)

Anonymous said...

hm i dont think he likes that game anymore...