Friday, May 20, 2005

no man is an island... or wants to be...

... I guess when ur blog is about random thoughts, occasionally an introspective one will creep in...

just came back from cell, was small, just the six of us, but ok :)

i left cell, pondering the human need to belong to something... where there is an intrinsic need to feel needed, and to feel a part of, a community that is greater than yourself.

how does one attach themselves, or how does one grow community... is there such thing as a wrong community for you, or do you have to make the effort to adapt yourself to it?

i know God will fill the holes in my life, and He leaves some people sized ones there because He doesn't think it's healthy for man to be alone...

but sometimes I stop from reaching for Him... even when I know that He's the only thing that will stop the hurting and fill that void - is it human indulgence? that we know the cure, but want to stay mired in our illness?

and so I stay there... mired... despairing...

... until I can't fight it anymore, i pick up my guitar, start to play, sing...

...cry...

...letting it all out...

...and letting Him in again

No comments: