Thursday, July 21, 2005

pain?

It's amazing how God can use something that you've already digested, combine it with someone with a different perspective, and have it just bring such new and timely growth into life :o

Thought I'd chuck on some Phil Baker whilst I coded geekily away (funny, funny guy he is, Pastor of Riverside Church in Perth), and got to a small side point he makes, about making the deliberate decision to go through the pain experience that you are in, learning as much as you go, and determined to make this a stepping stone to reaching the next level:

"...or you could say, I'm at the fork in the road, I'm going to have a lot of pain here, but I'm going to learn lessons from this.

I'm going to come out of it and it's going to be, in retrospect, one of the defining moments of my life."
- Phil Baker

I've heard this particular message many times before, but given recent feelings, insight from Korea, through which already had me on the same page, and my heart position too, the correlation and harmony of it all is hitting home, over and over again...

Simply amazing.

No comments: