Thursday, January 18, 2007

... continued...

Fri night or Sat morn:
Either ikea shopping or bibi-birthday-present shopping (if one happens on fri, then the other will happen on sat morn) - this could probably evolve into a kick-on to the city (as ikea is in richmond), movie or at the very least, vietnamese food!! Let's see how this one mutates as we get closer to the night :P

This one turned out quite weirdly; a lot of people started re-responding with negative rsvps, and so by COB Fri, I had no idea who was coming :S Me and biki headed down to ikea in the dad-rav4-mobile, found a donald there and proceed to buy cool shelving :D

Due to a mix up in comms with LC, she didn't make it to tea with us (*sob, sob*) @ Thy Thy (so good!! Cheap and dirty viet, I luv it :D), and we ended up meeting Al & Karen @ Airstream afterwards :)


Sat arvo:
Bibi's birthday party :D

This was a mega day; went back to ikea in the morning (with about 5hrs of sleep) to pick up some more stuff, dropped by the Glen for bibi's present, raced home to change and unload, picked biki up an 1.5hrs later than I said would initially, and eventually found ourselves in croydon for bibi's, which was really, really nice

thoughts from bibi's... hmm... maybe call biki ahead of time to ensure we're NOT both wearing entirely matching outfits... if I give myself the time to prepare for peoples presses, maybe they'll turn out as creatively as bibi's, which I luved

the night ended up @ the parents, assembling shelving and in ikea fashion, giving names to my furniture (andy, ben and bob)... saturday was a pretty brilliant day :D


Sunday morning:
Visiting the NGV with Aloysius - both the Tezuka ($8) and sneaker exhibitions (free) are what we're after :D

Somehow this actually organised, and somehow I managed to find myself there :S Was good value, where Tezuka I'd already been to, but we were also able to catch a hip hop act there that was promo-ing for the sneaker convention, which was likewise really funky!

Notes from the weekend: Still haven't seen Dgirls OR Happyness... Had forgotten about how cool wandering around Ikea could be; might be an idea to spend a half a day there another time, just for fun and to inspire ideas; as it was, we barely made it through half way before we had to "finalise our purchases"...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is for Nate if he's still alive after the rock climbing experience *snicker*:
Hope you guys had fun~ Used to love RClimbing when I was in KL.. SOoo much cheaper~
Ikea sounds good as I'll need stuff for my new room~!~! =)Probably go with Kaz and Maris.. maybe LC.. maybe meet you guys there=)... or maybe I'll just sleep in seeing as I've averaged 5 hours per nite the whole of this week~... ARRRggghhhh... more decisions!!!!

Unknown said...

only you will do a nudie run at church. i actually was never into the whole list thing. anita (from church) started it and now she's got me kind of into them.

maybe you should make up a list too...(nudie run being one of them) =Þ