Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Seizing a day :)

I was watching the Fellowship of the Ring last night, and came across the bit when Frodo was ruing to Gandalf having to be alive during such ominous times

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.


As much as this came from a cornball fantasy movie, that simple truth spoke to me in the wake of rememberance, in respects to my last post

Today I woke up, cleaned the laneway and the garage, had a fantastic outdoor bbq in the laneway with great company and then drove out to cricket training in a full, rickety car, came back and went for a bread run, came back and went to hip hop class, and am now back @ u/seed resolved to do at least 750 words on my assignment before I eat tea... all this done before 8pm...

I feel tired, but in such a good way, and no matter which way I look at it, I've seized today

Yup, I'm Frodo Baggins :P I'm still alive, for whatever reason that may be, and with every minute that I'm blessed with, I'm going to be resolved to be busy making the most of each one

Guess that means I should stop blogging now and start typing assignment words :P

2 comments:

Freakatronic said...

Me too! 1500 words that I haven't even researched properly for, due on Monday. When I hear that this weekend's weather is gonna be perfect, it breaks my heart. I know I can't do anything about it...

Anonymous said...

talk about cramming it in! Good on ya. I know i waste my days. So I'm in a new dept @ ANZ now... the team find my polite manners weird (ie the pleases and thank yous). This team's gonna be a tough challenge but i'll soften them up to the big man upstairs