Wednesday, May 17, 2006

nate @ the movies...

thanks dre for the invite, but I figure I should lay off games for a bit... I WILL join you guys one day though :)

Last night @ nova I saw "Where the truth lies" - a mystery/murder type movie, arthouse-y (only showing in a few cinemas) and rated somewhat well... it wasn't bad... Tonight I saw MI3 @ Hoyts, Melb Central, and that wasn't bad either...

Have been actively attempting to rejoin life, after being a little inspired by my meeting fun people incident, and mikey/est pick-me-ups (refer to previous posts)...

And as such, have made it a point, that I won't be @ home moping & depressed - have started filling up my dance card, and once again am @ the point where there are things that I'm looking forward to... and not just getting through the day with as little pain as possible...

Which is why the last two movie nights have been nights I'd made it a point to see movies, by myself - which also brought up the question in my head, isn't that what movies are ideal for anyways... I mean, how much do you get to know/spend time with your friends when you go see a movie with them...

Anyways... they turned out really great... the cinemas were a place where I had no responsibilities, my life @ that point was not interruptable and the only person I had and wanted to worry about, was me... and after long days/weekend @ work, I dunno... it was just great...

Esp with the tickets @ nova being cheaper on Mondays, and the cinemas having such a comfy feel... those seats are great, and the cinema is small enough to feel personal, but the screen large enough to make it feel like something special is happening...

... I'm rambling... I should sleep :)

1 comment:

Freakatronic said...

Good for you Natey. For the longest time I've agreed with the idea that movies are for alone time. It rocks. I've only seen a couple of movies alone, but when I no longer have to worry about being too poor for train tickets I'll be doing it again...