Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Let it grow...

Finding it incredibly hard to concentrate @ work, so I figure I'll blog for a bit - maybe it'll clear out the cob webs...


Relationships are very scary things, and there are so many schools of thought, so many opinions about how to do it right, what's considered wrong, what's not ideal... along with capital punishment, this seems to be the one topic where everyone will have an opinion about.

I'd have to admit, that I'm one of those people that have a tendancy to think I know what's right, but when I stop and think about it now, I wish I didn't think like that...

Maybe it's just my social sphere where this happens, but with so much public scrutiny and analysis, it has to be miraculous that any relationship can emerge natural, healthy and unscathed...

Not that relationships don't need a push or a prod from a helping hand every now and again, but it seems to me that sometimes the best thing to do would be to just step back, and let it grow...


Note: This post is by no means implying anything about anyone else, moreso it's just reflections of my own attitude towards other relationships.

3 comments:

Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) from a krazy blogger across the ditch in - New Zealand. Relationships aren't scary, it's the people that are scary. I don't think....I just go with the flow........great blog.

Unknown said...

there are things that look good from a distance buy when you're about to step into it, you realise it's not all you think it is...like relationships. you don't see the other side until you've experienced it. even then, some people don't learn.

like i know so much. i'm the most single person i know. and i can't sleep either.

Freakatronic said...

Rahaha! You're right, you're all right. I think (and you can write me off instantly because I'm the most single guy EVER) that relationships are terrifying. I don't think I'm a commitment-phobe...I am a people-phobe though. Yeah, most people scare the hell outta me. So how the hell can you find someone that you'd even wanna be close to? Someone you'd be happy to call your companion? I don't freakin know. I think I could post on this tonight though, if inspiration continues to evade me...