Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ah, crap-on-a-stick...

... I got through to the 2nd round :( Good news you might think? No!! First of all, it means the not-getting-rejected uncertainty continues for at least another week, and secondly, the longer it goes for, the more I'll be disappointed by the eventual rejection... bleh :(

I don’t want to have to handle the possibility of earning more money that’ll be harder for me to give away/donate, I don’t want to have the temptation of “comfort” or start to value a person’s job and what they do (status and position), I want to stay happy with what I have, and a simple life… and in that Mikey, I’m the bigger coward

And please guys… don’t comment with things like “I’m sure you’ll be fine”, because I’m working really hard to keep life in this perspective!! I really don’t want to turn into a person that invests and hopes so much on a job that it starts to verge anywhere near my usual ecstasy over a solitary movie date, and a packet of lollies

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, But i do like the song you have playing here!
and I think I get to see you tonight too!
-Kaiwin

Anonymous said...

And can you tell me the name of this song?
-Kaiwin

nate said...

Hey Kaiwin! The song is "Bratja" which translates to "Brothers" composed by Michiru Oshima (they're singing in Russian if you're wondering); it's from the Full Metal Alchemist OST :)

Christop said...

Come on Nate-Dawg, you'll be right!

Freakatronic said...

Rahaha! Christop, you're a killer. I also think it'll be ok even if you land this job, Nate. Not because it's so easy to stay grounded or whatever, but this is what you've trained for anyway right? If you want the simple life, forget your qualification and go labouring. I just don't think you're that serious about avoiding cool corporate employment and its inbuilt perks.
And if you really need a clue and you really end up getting out of touch with your current perspective, you really can expect a solid whack in the back of the head with a skateboard. See? Everything will be fine. Even if you (heaven forbid) you land a killer job that pays.

Unknown said...

how's the job hunt so far? is it like my house hunting? haven't heard from them for a while and they're taking a really long time.

Anonymous said...

Hi! i have something to say on this post. I figure there are two types of Christian in the business world - one who says "no, not me, can't be in God's will if I earn MORE money. too much power will corrupt.." and the other who says "yes, choose me! please promote me!" I think the challenge for both (and forgive me if I state the obvious) is to put aside own agenda and allow God to show the way. While all areas of society need a 'light' - I won't say you're wrong about the challenge of keeping perspective!

nate said...

I know, I know... I DID acknowledge my cowardice in this particular post already, no need to rub it in... :)

nate said...

In trying to balance the striving for a "simple life" (i'd prob be leaning towards more social work context than labouring though? i.e. people = simple, rather than labouring (which would prob land me a lot of money anyways, wouldn't it?!)) and not wasting opportunities that God gives to me (that others would kill to have), I've gone the lazy way out and not decided, huh... I've almost thrown a whole bunch of job apps in the air to see if God picks one :P