Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ingredients...

It's funny the things I seem to need to be truly content...

A wet bike ride, quality comic book reading time, a packet of lollies and a sappy, American romantic comedy - these seem to be the bizar, key ingredients

A new bike is nice and all, and a job is good for putting bread on the table... but they don't make me (or at least, they're not meant to), and when those things aren't there for me anymore, will my foundation just disappear?

I'm beginning to think that those questions can never be answered by anyone properly, unless they regularly find themselves in those situations, where the carpet is regularly swept out from under their feet :P

I've attended and gone to many things in the last couple of weeks, some pretty exciting, some funny, some with people, and some even with a few interesting conversations, but tonight has been the first night in quite a while where I've gone to bed actually content

The joy and anticipation of the first lolly as I bust open the packet, settling onto the bench at Borders (Lygon Street) with a goodly collection of comic books, ready to be indulged with costumed crusaders... seems to be simply timeless and irreplaceable

In a society that subliminally indoctrinates us with the mindset that to have a life of any standing, one must be a social butterfly, that for a weekend to be considered a good one, one must be "out" having a big one on Fri/Sat nights; it seems quite contrary to like spending time with myself so much (or is it just narcissism on my part?)

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy for those who have big weekends, and enjoy them myself on occasion (prob too many), but at the end of a day, when it comes time to slink into bed, they still seem to fall short of a good packet of lollies (not too big, or I'll get sick :P), a place to sit and a stack of comic books

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you know what? I so totally agree with you there! I'm not into the whole 'big friday/saturday night' thing. Most of the time, I'd rather have a quiet one at home.. and I know it sounds 'sad' but seriously, It's nice to just snuggle up in bed and read a good book.. or in your case, hang out at borders and use it as a library ...still doing that eh =P

OH and the lollies. I'm so with you with that too lol. good post nate. good post

Unknown said...

hey look at that. blogspot mysterioiusly changed my screen name to 'patricia' oooooooooooh how formal.

How dare they!

Christop said...

Yeah, I have had that sort of weekend, and finished it off having tea with some good friends. :)

Did you see Because I Said So?